L10n QA for Firefox for Android
এই নিবন্ধৈর বাংলা অনুবাদ পাওয়া যাবে এখানে: L10n QA for Firefox for Android (bn)
Know about next merge day. Detailed schedule here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar
To reach 100% on Android, you need to have the shared files (the ones common to Firefox Desktop and Android) localized as well. Those are found in the Firefox Aurora folder: https://mozilla.locamotion.org/bn_BD/firefox/
You will need to get the androidshared folder there 100% complete.
Once you've reached 100%: Inform specific l10n-driver. He/she will file a bug and add you to the single-locale builds so you can test your work (builds available here: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android-api-15-l10n/). This means that you will be able to download a build on your Android device to test your locale. Please note that at this point, your locale still isn't shipping on official Firefox for Android builds. That will come later.
- Once your locale is up on single-locale builds you should start testing it! How to test:
- First, authorize 3rd party app downloads first from your Android phone's settings.
- From your phone, download your locale from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android-api-15-l10n/ by clicking on the most recent link with your locale code in it (you may want to scroll down the page to make sure what's the most recent build)
- Choose the .apk link out of the 3 possible options.
- Download should start and once the app is installed, you should be able to test your locale.
What to look out for?
- Language quality, truncated words (cut-off from screen), anything that appears broken, etc.
- Look at all the main screens, UI, menus, tabs, new features, etc Make sure they all look good.
- We suggest you to use that build as your primary browser so that you can get into as many screens as possible and check that everything looks fine.
- It is important that the person(s) testing the localization is not only the one(s) who localized. Ask other people from your community to help test so we have fresh eyes looking at your work.
- Report any localization error or bug at Github MozillaBD/l10n repo with this URL https://github.com/mozillabd/l10n/issues/new
- Fill up the form with required information as much as possible.
Once you've done a cycle on a single locale build, that you've continued keeping your work up to date, and that you have been TESTING it - l10n-drivers will consider putting you up on the multi-locale builds. This means that - congratulations! - your locale is now officially shipping on Firefox for Android :)